Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Aftermath and I am Afraid of a Bunny



Halloween was awesome. We camped out at Josh's house because his neighborhood is old school and that was a good call. Very reminiscent of our childhoods. D got a decent haul for a three year old. He kept forgetting to say "Trick or Treat" despite the fact that we practiced this several times, but it was all good. We even found a house that gave out full size candy bars (we won't forget her). Superman dug it.

I thought maybe the game last night might be the only horror movie I'd need but luckily I was wrong. I thought good thoughts after the Pens lost to the Wild. I really thought the Wings played well for the most part last night. They played 60 entire minutes at least. I think maybe a key point was that Ericsson WAS NOT ON THE ICE during this game. He has trade value, let's consider this while we can. Maybe he has potential. Let this potential develop elsewhere. This is your flavor of Haterade for today. A highlight for me was Darren Helm showing the world that he is the fastest man alive. I like. Homer always makes me smile. (Hey, if you want to know what's on my Christmas list, it's a Holmstrom jersey, just so you know).

The Wings are not on the decline people. This season is not off to the best start, we all know this. There are three Wings that are older than me, okay? Three that will catch up in the next three months. I have been around long enough to see bad seasons and this ain't one of them. Look, I have a cold. I am tired. I have the epic Packers/Vikings game coming up in two hours. I have nothing in the way of game analysis.

Now for the random weird stuff:
I am currently doing rabbit, dog, and other living thing care right now. I like doing this. It pays the bills, it is something I can do alone, it is routine and zen like. Rabbits are nice and predictable. I've cared for one before, Piper, who is feisty. I like her. She'll scratch at you if you get her on the wrong day. But now there is this one: He doesn't have a name, just a color description, because he is only six months old. He is totally adorable. He's a teeny little black dwarf. Dwarves are my favorite. They are usually friendlier than Dutch and Mini-Rex. Not this one. At first I was calling him Satan but that is too obvious. Ba'al? No, he is just Beelzebub. Honestly, I think he is the Antichrist, and he is pissed that he is not a person, but a tiny little rabbit. Look, you guys know I don't buy into that shit, but this could almost make me a believer. His eyes don't even look lagomorphic. They look human.

I am not afraid of animals. I have done dangerous and maybe what some would consider stupid things while working on farms. I am probably too trusting. I got mildly injured by Chuck, a ram, who was on the nice-ish as rams go, but a ram nonetheless (and it was during lambing season when they just sort of go insane). I had to pill him and he charged me. It was the only time he hurt me. He caught me off guard and Dante was off sniffing butts or something instead of doing HIS job. I have wrestled ginormous Mastiffs in order to clip their nails. Neither of those things hold a candle to all the fractious evil cats I have handled. FYI to those of you not in the know: Cats can be much scarier and much more dangerous than any breed of dog.

I AM afraid of Beelzebub. He probably weighs 8 ounces. We had a chat yesterday about calling a truce. How I need him to cooperate with me and he needs me to feed him. I need to meditate or something on my drive out there or he will smell my fear and capitalize on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment