Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The H2H Project

I know I have like five readers because my life is thrilling and I treat this like it's my locked journal. But all five of you need to know about this awesome thing that is happening.

Last week, Kris at Snipe Snipe, Dangle Dangle wrote this post. This comment stood out:

Have you ever had the chance to see them play in person?

Unfortunately not. Yet.
as well as this:

How large is the community of Wings fans where you live? Are there a lot of other NHL fans?

I never met another fan in person.


So out of that was born this, this, and this, which is currently this.

Herm's coming to Hockeytown. The remaining proceeds (if you didn't bother to click, over $1600 has been raised at this posting) will be donated to the Red Wings Wish Club, and I'm sure that amount will be substantial.

To my two anti Wings fan readers, you might think we're jerk faces. I present you evidence that we are a charitable bunch. :) If you are so inclined, please donate. $1, $5, every bit helps. If you are on Twitter, follow the hashtag #H2H. I'll keep you posted as to how this plays out. It's exciting. What started as a wild idea to bring a Brazilian hockey fan to see his favorite team is turning into an epic event that will help a lot of kids.

Hockeytown. No Limits.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete