Sunday, October 12, 2008

Project Runway

For some reason I am totally addicted to this show. Like crack. I didn't watch season one. Then comic shop Bob asked me if I was interested in Season Two. I don't have cable so he taped it for me. I watched it in a giant chunk at the very end of my pregnancy when it was 5000 degrees outside, I was on semi-bedrest, and I couldn't sleep. It is a totally stupid show, I really don't give a shit about fashion, usually you can find me wearing a Captain America t-shirt and jeans. Occasionally I will throw on a cuter t-shirt and once in awhile I will put my contacts in. But I love this show. LOVE it. Like I HAVE to go get Project Runway on Thursday so I can watch it immediately or I am sad. This week Bob forgot it at home and I couldn't watch it until Friday and I felt like I was suffering from withdrawal. Also he almost told me who made it to the final three and I would have punched him ("Locke in a box").

This season the designers have been really good. I got them. Last season I didn't get it at all. Christian Siriano was interesting to me in a he is a cute little annoying pixie kind of way but to be quite honest, I thought all of his shit looked like Joan Collins could have worn it on Dynasty and it had zero relevance to the new millennium. I thought it was horrendous. I did like his use of "fierce" and "hot mess" but Zac was beyond fucking annoyed with him and pissed off that he won and vowed to never watch another episode of that show. And he secretly loves that shit. I have got him hooked on America's Next Top Model AND Big Brother.

I really liked Blayne even though I knew he would not win. He was adorable and even though his pooping fabric thingey was atrocious, it was interesting to look at and actually Avant Garde. Kenley's outfit was just absurd. So let's go there.

Kenley. She is beautiful and I LOVE her personal style. And I adore her little '50's shit. But she is the most annoying person ever to appear on Project Runway. Even Suede with his third person shit was less annoying than her. It seemed after a few weeks that she was not taking it very seriously. All of her eye rolling bugged the crap out of me. Then when she started talking back to Tim Gunn - OH NO YOU DIDN'T. I love me some Tim Gunn. He did not get chosen to appear on that show because he doesn't know shit about fashion. He is a guru. And she is a douchebag. And she only got worse. And did you notice that her accent got more and more nasaly and whiny as the season went on? And I know nasaly. I am from WI. I hoped and hoped she would not make it to the final three just because someone with an attitude like that does not deserve to be there. But then I saw that wedding dress. Be still my heart. I want that dress. I am already married but I would wear that dress just prancing around my house. I knew she was in. And her bridesmaid dress was fucking awesome too. And that made me sad. Because...

I knew Jerell would be out. And I love Jerell. He reminds me of my BFF Matt. Hot, stylish, confident, talented, etc. He was good and he won the final challenge so he should have automatically been on to Bryant Park and that just SUCKED. His dresses were atrocious IMO and so was his collection, but it still wasn't fair. I wasn't ready for him to be done.

Korto rocks and she better win. She is normal and I love her. And her beadwork is the bomb. And she is just cool. And I loved everything she did. Even if I would never wear it. And Tim told her that her collection was stunning when he went to visit her so I think she has a good shot.

Leanne has zero fashion sense when it comes to herself. I love her stuff, but she is a one trick pony with all that wavy shit. Her wedding dress was pretty and her bridesmaid dress too. But what? Are you going to put wavy annoying shit on all of your clothes? Women with hips cannot wear that shit. I know you are designing for stick figures but you are never going to have a Leanne for Macy's line with that. Ever. Korto can make clothes regular people can wear. I mean Michael Kors makes clothes for regular people as well as his fancy crap. That is how you rake in the big bucks.

But Kenley will win. That is my prediction. Something about Project Runway - they just want the most annoying person on Earth to win that show. What the fuck? If I lived in Ireland where you can bet on anything, I'd bet the farm on it.

Oh well, Top Chef starts in November.

4 comments:

  1. I watched part of one once. I had too many shows going at the time though, so never got back to it.

    One day I will....

    So I cant' ever know who won. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like ANTM, this is better. It's crack. Catty, bitchy, crack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick ass. I LOVE catty bitchy crack!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think I could love you any more than I already do. You are so the coolest person I know. And have you seen the finale? Because we need to DISCUSS.

    ReplyDelete