Monday, March 3, 2008

In Case You Were Wondering

About Jenny Quarx. My name IS in fact Jennifer, but I prefer to go by Jen or Jennifer, never Jenny.

But I am a comic book nerd. And I LOVE The Authority and Planetary. Here goes - this is only gonna skim the surface. I'm gonna gloss over some major important stuff because most of you don't care. So don't call me out on omissions. Visit your comic shop or do some googling for more info:

Kassidy

I really wanted to be Jenny Sparks, but it was already taken. Jenny Sparks was the Spirit of the 20th Century. There is a group of people that were born on January 1, 1900 - the Century Babies - that had cool powers. Her powers basically control electricity. She also doesn't age. Her moods are very influenced by world events. She's basically a hot blonde, ass kicking, chain smoking, Union Jack wearing chick. She started off in Stormwatch, then went on to form The Authority and well, you know, save the world a lot. She died at the end of the 20th century.



On January 1, 2000, Jenny Quantum, also known as Jenny Quarx was born. She is the Spirit of the 21st century. She was adopted by Midnighter and Apollo. She can teleport. She currently leads The Authority.

So that is it in a nutshell. It's not some cute little name (although it IS a cute little name), it has important comic bookey stuff behind it.

Oh, and no, my kid is not named for that Apollo. I'm not that big of a nerd.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was a veiled reference to that Calvin and Hobbes comic. "I love to say quark. Quark, quark, quark."

    Cool to know the true roots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I wishwishwish I WAS Jenny Sparks. LOL.

    I need all those powers!

    ReplyDelete