Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The End of an Era

brett favre

So Brett Favre is retiring. I saw this coming while everyone else I know was in complete denial. This was a storybook season, although it ended too soon. I think with Favre they had a shot at a great 2008-2009 season, but it sure wasn't a given. And wouldn't you rather go out great then possibly have a 4-12 season (which the Packers are certainly capable of, even with Favre). I love football and it's going to be SO WEIRD to watch the Pack after 17 glorious seasons with Favre. Aaron Rodgers has potential and we have a lot of his rookie cards but I have heard rumors galore that he is not well liked by the players and they do not look at him as a leader. Which is a HUGE problem. I think the likelihood of him getting traded for either another QB or a better draft pick is good. I was looking at the free agent QBs and the Packers better get on that soon. There are a couple of players I think would be worth picking up - maybe Carr or Leftwich - but that's about it. No Culpepper please. It's going to take awhile to rebuild regardless of who becomes the man. And that sucks. It's hard to watch your team suck. Just ask Zac, who has stayed loyal to his beloved Lions despite their never ending suckitude. I don't even know if there is anyone good available in the draft and with a shitty first round spot, that is irrelevant anyway unless they trade up. And you can't throw a newbie in with good results in most cases. SO while it's sad, I think he made a good choice. You don't want to go out craptacularly. Now it will be interesting to see which network throws a floppityjillion dollars at him for phase 2. Unless he wants to go back to Mississippi and fade into obscurity.

Gonna try to find Deacon a mini Favre jersey today.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you.

    (((Hugs)))

    He will be missed. I adore Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in Madison and wept during Favre's speech.

    You complete me.

    ReplyDelete