Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Streaming Video

I am a child of the 80's. I remember when VHS came out and you had to go rent a VCR from the grocery store. It was the most amazing thing EVER. My dad managed our local supermarket so we got to watch movies quite a bit. I have seen every crappy 80's action movie ever made, which is pretty awesome. Explosions + Kurt Russell = the perfect movie. We didn't actually get a VCR until I was 13, and even then, to own a movie was cost prohibitive. Remember when they were $89.99? I taped everything off of the TV. It's ridiculous what I am still finding as we are packing. "Jen's Arsenio Hall tape," "Jen loves Christian Slater."

Clan Mac is also notorious for falling in love with TV shows after the hype is over. Which probably makes us lame, but whatever. It's nice to not have to wait for the next week to see the next episode and the only thing we have to avoid is walking spoiler alerts (Hi Bob). I was an early adopter of Supernatural and Dexter, but that's about it.

So Netflix Streaming and HBO Go are the most amazing things ever to me. I love burning through seasons. Before we had a child, we did that all the time. I think we watched the first season of 24 in real time. I am a professional.

I have finished Dead Like Me (loved it) and all of Sons of Anarchy (maybe the best show currently on TV, right up there with Dexter). Right now I am cracked out on Six Feet Under. I did not have HBO when the show originally aired or I know I would have been watching. Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall, Lauren Ambrose? What a cast. 8 days - 2 seasons - 3 to go. I know that is insane and I should spread it out. But my time is limited. There's only about 100 days until hockey season starts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment