Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm a Weirdo

So Deacon and I were playing with his guys today. He's got both DC and Marvel guys. His favorite is Batman but he calls all of them Batman right now. He also really likes Superman. He likes to fly him around the house with sound effects and all. Sometimes he has two Supermen flying at the same time - Superman and Earth-Two Superman. (He's a very advanced child).

Anyway, I was on the anti-registration side of Civil War and am a HUGE fan of Captain America. We have Iron Man and Spider-Man in addition to our many Supermen. I like to make Spider-Man kick Tony's ass because we currently have no clear cut bad guys and what fun is playing with action figures if they don't fight, right? So this is what actually came out of my mouth while playing with my one year old son:

"You see, Tony Stark has lots of money and built himself this rad suit. After a tragic event in Stamford, CT,the public goes hysterical, and the government decides that all superheroes must register with them. Superheroes who don't register are subject to punishment. Cap refuses to assist them so he has to go underground. At first Peter Parker is on Tony's side and publicly unmasks himself but soon realizes that he has made a mistake so he joins Cap's side. A lot of other crazy stuff happened, and I'm sure Tony meant well but all of this led to the death of Captain America so Peter is wicked angry and that is why he wants to beat up Iron Man."

A) Clearly I need help.
B) I think that might have been a little too much exposition.
C) Being a parent is awesome.



Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment: